The book of Revelation is probably the most misunderstood book in the Bible. Admittedly, there are a few good reasons for that, but Revelation 1-3 could not be clearer. They are a message from Jesus to seven churches of the first century. In this first message on Revelation 1:1-20 which forms something of an introduction to chapters 2-3, it is vitally important to note what the book is about and also who it is that John saw in his vision.
Song: I Will Sing the Wondrous Story
05:22 Bible reading: Daniel 7:9-14
Song: Behold Our God
06:43 Shorter Catechism Introduction
08:10 Catechism Questions 1-5
Song: Doodle-Oodle-Oo the Catechismo
09:45 Bible reading: Revelation 1:1-20
Song: Meekness and Majesty
Sermon: Revelation 1:1-20
Song: Crown Him With Many Crowns
• A new series!
• Do you hope for a better church on earth? We should!
• What did John see, and how should the church view her Lord?
• See how these verses tell us of.…
- Jesus: who speaks and wants to be known (v.1)
- Jesus: who is the same but not the same (v.17)
- Jesus: who we must behold in awe (v.13-16)
See Jesus… as He is!