When John turned to see the voice that was speaking to him in Revelation 1:1-20, he saw the Lord Jesus Christ in all His glory and fell at His feet as ‘though dead’. While the vision John had was of significance, of even more signficiance was what he heard Jesus say. In this second message on Revelation 1:1-20, we find out what Jesus thinks of His church and why he wrote the seven letters that appear in Revelation 2-3.
Song: O Worship the King
05:03 Bible reading: Psalm 29
Song: Come Praise and Glorify
06:19 Shorter Catechism Introduction
07:47 Catechism Questions 6-11
Song: The Bible Is the Answer
09:50 Bible reading: Revelation 1:1-20
Song: Christ Is Mine Forevermore
Sermon: Revelation 1:1-20
Song: I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say
• This new series…!
• Where we are in Revelation 1
• What did John hear, and what does the Lord think of His church?
• See how these verses tell us…
- That Jesus had something to say to His church (v.1)
- What Jesus had to say to His church (v.17, Ch 2-3)
What does Jesus want to see when he looks at us?