Matthew 18:15-20 is not necessarily a hard text to understand. It has no hard words, for example. However, the application of what Jesus said is quite difficult. While still speaking to His disciples about the issue of true greatness and how humility is a necessary aspect of it, in these verses, Jesus spoke further about the inevitable conflict that will arise between disciples when the path of humility is not taken. There is a way to solve conflict. It’s not an easy path to take, but for true greatness, it will be so necessary.
- An observation and an apology
- The context of this
- Humility that path to greatness
- See how Jesus taught his disciples about …
- Self-discipline (v.1-14)
- Mutual discipline (v.15-17)
- Church discipline (v.18-20)
A world of conflict…
The source of forgiveness!