Genesis 3:15 would have to be one of the most important verses in all of the Old Testament. Straight after Adam and Eve’s rebeliion against God’s righteous rule, the Lord himself promised that the ‘seed of the woman’ would one day come and crush ‘the head of the serpent’. This verse is widely known as the first announcement (or proclamation) of the gospel, and it is very, very good news – all fulfilled in Jesus, the seed of the woman!
• A Christmas series!
• The unfolding story to grasp…
• What a text to begin with!
• See how the text tells of …
- A sober reminder of humanity’s undoing
- The original setting for conflict unfolding
- The certain promise of Messiah winning
There is hope here…
There is good news here!