The reader of Matthew’s gospel goes to many places with Jesus, as we have noted in these last few chapters…by the sea, on the water, in the region of Tyre and Sidon and even at Caesarea Philippi. But the next place that jesus would go, according to Matthew 17:1-13, was the mountain top, where he was transfigured before three of His disciples. This would be a moment they would never forget, as evidenced by the later of two of them, Peter and John, whose testimony about Jesus is clear. They saw His glory.
- Our travels with Jesus
- Next event in a long
line of them…
- Sleepy disciples …now and later
- See how this transfiguration confirmed…
- An unwelcome message (v.1-3, 12)
- An unfinished story (v.4-6)
- An unmatched Saviour (v.7-8)
What was Jesus’ purpose here?
From the mountain of glory to the cross of shame!