In this message from September 2022, Rev Keith Bell explores the time marker in the ministry of Jesus – something found all through the gospel of John and something so prominent in John 12:20-39, explaining the purpose and the timing of His death for sinners.
Song: Immortal Invisible
Song: See Him Coming
07:26 Bible reading: 1 Kings 10:1-7
Song: My Jesus I Love Thee
08:31 Bible reading: John 12:20-39
Song: By Faith
Sermon: John 12:20-39
Song: And Can It Be
• Passages of the Bible are …
• Consider what had been happening in the lives of Jesus and His disciples:
• Some Greeks came and they wanted to see Jesus.
• Jesus says, “It’s Time …”
- To Fulfil the Prophecies
Everything is falling into place.
- To Persevere
I’m here for the long haul and I will persevere to the end.
- To Effect My Purpose
a. Judgment on the world
b. Satan cast out/defeated
c. Salvation for God’s people
- To Believe in Me
“Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.”
- Be encouraged
- 2nd hand knowledge must be replaced by 1st hand encounter with Jesus
- A great theological mystery
The incident we have been considering is exciting and thrilling and lifts our spirits and gives us hope.