In further exploration of the theme of tensions between two truths, this message explores the tension between ‘loving God’ and ‘fearing God’. If the Apostle John can say, ‘perfect love drives out fear’ (1 John 4:18) and yet Jesus clearly tells us to ‘fear God’ (Luke 12:5), how can this tension be resolved? Perhaps 1 Peter 1:17-18 may help us!
Song: All Creatures of Our God
05:34 Bible reading: Psalm 34:1-22
Song: Behold Our God
07:42 Shorter Catechism Introduction
09:10 Catechism Questions 176-186
14:13 Bible reading: Luke 12:1-7
Song: Meekness and Majesty
Sermon: 1 Peter 1:17-18
Song: My God How Wonderful Thou Art
• This new series…
• To fear or not to fear?
• A text that will help us!
• Note that we learn from this text…
- The condition that Peter raises (v.17)
- The reasons that Peter gives (v.17-18)
- The applications that Peter infers (v.18)
Never forget your redemption!