Of the 5 parables that make up Matthew 13, the first in one Matthew 13:1-23 is by far the longest. All of them have to do with the Kingdom of God, how and when it comes and how it grows, and what will be the consequences of not being part of it. In this parable, Jesus takes familiar agricultural themes and makes a point about listening, hearing and fruitfulness.
Song: Immortal Invisible
04:50 Bible reading: Matthew 13:1-23
Song: Behold Our God
08:07 Shorter Catechism Introduction
09:35 Catechism Questions 107-110
13:24 Bible reading: James 1:19-27
Song: Meekness and Majesty
Sermon: Matthew 13:1-23
Song: Master Speak
• The parables of Matthew 13
• Was Jesus making truth plain or hiding it?
• It all depends if you’re ‘in’ or ‘out’ of the Kingdom
• See how Jesus tells us of…
- Some vital activity (v.1-3)
- Some varied responses (v.4-9, 18-22)
- Some very big results (v.23)
Hearing the Word isn’t enough!
Fruit is the proof of life!